Saturday, November 10, 2012

This Mountain



This Mountain
By Ritzy Ritzhaupt
July 8, 2012
copyright all rights reserved

The awesomeness of this mountain
Floats me above my earth
Keeps me in rhythm
With my heart beat

Giving me the strength to continue
Even when my journey
Stumbles during the day

Seeing its impressive beauty
Rise up from the drab misty
Liquid sunshine
Of the dreary Pacific NW

In the empty sunless summer day sky
When the sun reaches on high
Behind many layers of clouds
Hidden from my view

Rainier embraces me
In all its wonder and glory
Growing to its magnificent self
As the clouds, skitter away

Bringing me new life as
Its beauty comes to the forefront
Of my vision filling me with
Its formidable self

Pushing me to go on
Never to withdraw
Keeping myself strong

Drawing from its supernatural strength
Giving me the added boost
To be the very best of me

To me, Mt. Rainier is my mountain.
It gives me hope
When nothing else can give support
It's always watching over me,
Always protecting me

The multitude of my sins
Are buried deep within its
Snow covered glaciers.

It's all seeing
And never ever rats me out
Or passes judgment.

It's my strongest friend
And always stands proudly
By my side

Most of all
My mountain always knows
How to make me smile
It comes out from behind
The gray Pacific NW skies
To show me its wonder
And greatness at just being.

Awesome,
Stunningly beautiful,
I'm grateful for all its blessings.


After seeing a picture of Mt. Rainier posted
on Facebook by  King 5TV these words
demanded to be written.

Mt. Rainier form Lake Washington Floating Bridge  9/4/2000  a very bright sunny day.
Photo by Ritzy Ritzhaupt
Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment