Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Thank you Anna


Anna,
Thank you for the lovely and thoughtful gift.

It was wonderful to see the memorabilia from the World's Fair 1962 on display at the Seattle Center. They even had a gonadal hanging from the rafters. It was a beautiful day watching all the kids play in the water from the fountain as we chatted in the shade. 

Ed rode out the Columbus Day storm on a submarine and we met the next day. He was my blind date. As you know, Seattle World's Fair grounds of 1962, was one of your dad's and my special places. It was on the Space Needle I knew how understanding and thoughtful he was. He already had me with his lopsided grin as he greeted me when I opened the door.

Being a submarine sailor, a little zoom up the outside of a metal girder didn't scare him. When he joked, it could only fall down and I showed how scared that made me. He pointed out into the night sky and said to follow his finger as he held me safely. Watching the plane with it's landing lights flashing, I followed his pointing finger until we safely arrived 600 + feet up in the air, at the observation platform.

Lunch was a delight at R & L Home of Good Bar-B-Que
1816 E. Yesler Way, Seattle WA 98122.
OMG! You haven't had Bar-B-Que until you've visited Mary and her daughter Beth. You can smell it cooking blocks away... outstanding food! Oh, and Sweet potato pie! The only thing... bring CA$H, no cards or checks.

Thanks again… pure joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment